If you’re heading to Walt Disney World Resort, there will be plenty of options for family fun, including fireworks spectaculars at Magic Kingdom Park and Epcot, and a rockin’ new celebration at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Here’s a roundup of what you can expect:
- Magic Kingdom Park – “Disney’s Celebrate America! A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky” will blast off at 9 p.m. July 3-4. For more patriotic fun, watch the daily 5 p.m. flag retreat in Town Square, which features a special guest veteran each day, or stop into the Hall of Presidents to learn about the history of the U.S.A.
- Epcot – This year’s “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” will again be enhanced with “The Heartbeat of Freedom,” an overture of pyrotechnics and lasers. The show begins at 10 p.m. For an earlier celebration, head to the American Adventure Pavilion in World Showcase to catch Voices of Liberty performances, or meet-and-greet opportunities with Ben Franklin, Betsy Ross and Disney characters in patriotic dress.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios – This year, Fourth of July fireworks will take on a different spin with the “Rockin’ 4th of July Celebration.” The rock music of Mulch, Sweat, and Shears will kick off the celebration, which will include fireworks, lighting and special effects. Showtime on July 4 is 9:45 p.m.
Theme park hours for July 4 (subject to change without notice) are: Magic Kingdom Park, 8 a.m. – 1 a.m.; Epcot, 9 a.m. – 10 p.m.; Disney’s Hollywood Studios, 9 a.m. – 10 p.m.; and Disney’s Animal Kingdom, 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Look below for more posts about celebrating the Fourth of July at Disney Parks:
- Celebrate Independence Day at the Disneyland Resort
- American Traditions at Disney Parks
- Voices of Liberty Sing the National Anthem
Watch Fourth of July Nighttime Spectaculars at Walt Disney World Resort by Jennifer Fickley-Baker: Originally posted on the Disney Parks Blog
Posted: 2012-07-02 08:00:03