The grand opening of New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park is now just 10 days away, and in honor of the upcoming milestone, here are my Top Ten Reasons you’ll love New Fantasyland – no matter what age you are.
- It’s so darn photogenic – No matter how many times you’ve been to Magic Kingdom Park, New Fantasyland is so scenic and beautiful, it’s sure to be a favorite stop for photographers.
- The area adds not one, but two new castles – Magic Kingdom Park is now the Disney Park with the most royal residences, thanks to the addition of Beast’s Castle and Prince Eric’s Castle. Add in Cinderella Castle and that makes three.
- The level of detail is amazing – As we’ve shown here for the past year, Imagineers have laced the area with an incredible amount of detail, from hoof prints in the ground in Belle’s Village to aged shipwrecks at Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid.
- The West Wing of Beast’s Castle – One of three dining rooms in Be Our Guest Restaurant, the West Wing from “Beauty and The Beast” is recreated here as ominous and foreboding. I love that our Imagineers included this room, as it played such a major part in the film.
- Playing a part at Enchanted Tales with Belle – Forget everything you know about a character greeting. No matter what your age, you can easily get swept up in playing your part in the retelling of Belle and Beast’s love story.
- The interior of Gaston’s Tavern – This just might be a hidden gem of New Fantasyland. Just like the song says, there are antlers in all of Gaston’s decorating. Don’t miss the room here to the far right, which features Gaston’s personal chair – built to suit the man himself – that makes a great photo op.
- The Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid queue – There are so many things to explore in this seaside-themed queue, and lapping tides and rushing waterfalls really make you feel as if you’re heading “under the sea.”
- Storybook Circus – This area is so impressive. Instead of merely relocating Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Imagineers built an entire 1940s-inspired circus into the park. The attractions and new character greetings are a blast, and the theming of the area is simply charming.
- Cupcakes from Be Our Guest Restaurant – Available in three flavors – Strawberry Cream Cheese, Triple Chocolate and Lemon Meringue – these treats are plucked from an impressively stocked pastry cart and finished tableside for you. Delicious and amazing!
- The expansion continues – Two more attractions, Princess Fairytale Hall and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, will open in 2013 and 2014, respectively. Considering the amount of detail and imagination our Imagineers have put into New Fantasyland so far, we have a lot to look forward to.
What part of New Fantasyland is your favorite? Let us know in the “Comments” section below.
Excited for the opening of New Fantasyland? Join in on the conversation on Twitter with the hashtag #NewFantasyland.
All in the Details: 10 Reasons You’ll Love New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park by Jennifer Fickley-Baker: Originally posted on the Disney Parks Blog
Posted: 2012-11-27 10:30:21