It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas — yes, already — at Disney Springs. The Marketplace side of the shopping and entertainment compound is planning a limited-time promotion based on the winter holiday season.
Its midyear celebration will be held July 15-30, which means that in August we can go back to prepping for Halloween.
Among the offerings during the event:
• Meet Summer Santa — he’s dressed for July-in-Florida conditions, thankfully. Sweaty ol’ Saint Nick will be around for photo opportunities from 1 p.m. to 10 p.m. daily.
• A DJ will play Christmasy beats, and there will be holiday face-painting designs at Enjoy Your Face.
• Dockside Margaritas will feature the Snowflake Margarita and the Starbucks on the Marketplace side will break out its holiday-themed drinks
• On the gingerbread front, there will be gingerbread crepes at AristoCrepes, gingerbread cookies at Amorette’s Patisserie; and more gingerbread cookies (plus peppermint bark for the anti-gingerbread crowd) at Disney’s Candy Cauldron. Other treats to look out for include Santa Mickey and Minnie specialty apples.
• Of course, Disney’s Days of Christmas store is there year-round, so that’s almost too easy. Oops, that attitude might earn me a lump of coal in my flip-flops.
• “Even the Disney Springs fountains will be decked for the season,” says a post on the official Disney Parks Blog.
In news unrelated to these festivities at Disney Springs, the Uniqlo store there is marking its one-year anniversary with a Japanese Night Market event. It will include prize-winning games, photo opportunities, origami and calligraphy classes and more. The event runs nightly (7 p.m. to 11 p.m.) through July 30.